INTENSIVE SHORT FILM SCREENPLAY DEVELOPING WORKSHOPS IN LITHUANIA
IN_Script workshop “Too short to die”, organized in cooperation with Lithuanian Film Centre and Creative Europe Desk Lithuania, is a training workshop for 14 writers or writer/directors from Baltic’s and Europe with the aim of helping filmmakers to develop the best possible script for a short film.
WHY TO APPLY?
- Because good ideas also need a good developing! And short films can have touching and powerful stories! And it is one of the few intensive residential workshop in Europe, which is offering an opportunity to develop your short screenplays.
- Because you will work with few of the best international advisers Angeli Macfarlane (experienced development consultant and script editor, a voting member of BAFTA and consultant to MEDIA programme) and Maciej Karpinski (one of the leading screenwriters in Poland, a tutor, author of the book “An Imperfect Reflection”, a president of Polish Screenwriters Guild and Member of European Film Academy).
- Because the workshop is based on very effective method, where you learn from the improvement of your self and from others. Everyone is working in small groups of 7 international colleagues, guided by international advisers assigned to each group, discussing each project and providing feedback, advice and suggestions.
- A supplementary program with screenings of selected short films, case studies and discussions with authors of those films.
- Because the workshop takes place in Anyksciai – a peaceful resort with beautiful nature where you can have intense work combined with a good relaxation.
- Final Draft is awarding one of the participants with Final Draft 9 screenwriting software. Such established, internationally famous writers as James Cameron and J.J. Abrams, top studios and production companies worldwide as BBC, Walt Disney Pictures, WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT, Paramount Pictures are using this world leading software. This is a perfect tool offering industry standard.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
- You will have a possibility to develop a screenplay for a short film with a strong impact on international audiences, from an idea to a final draft. But in the end of the day, the result depends on your effort.
- You will learn to recognize and enhance the dramatic value of your material, how to structure it in a short format, how to make characters and dialog more believable and the tone consistent, how to reflect what you want to say in the story.
- You will gain tools for script analysis, how to judge your own material and how to look at others.
- You will be able to make contacts with other participants, share knowledge and experience.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Screenwriters, directors and other professionals who want to make a short fiction film (from 5 min to 40 min) with a powerful and touching story.
- We are looking for people who are open and flexible with their dramatic material and are ready to work hard in order to improve it. Remember, that sometimes you have to “kill the honey”.
- We are open for all fiction genres.
- The program is open to participants from the European (not necessary EU) countries. If filmmakers from other countries are willing to apply and have enough motivation – negotiations are available.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
1st of AUGUST, 2015
If you don’t want to miss the deadline, fill the form on the right sidebar and we will keep you informed.
English is the working language in all workshops so a good knowledge of English is essential for participation.
Laptop and swimming suit
Once you arrive to Lithuania and till the day you leave all the living, local travel and other expenses concerning the workshops will be covered for you – no need to worry about anything else just your story.